NCDMM and America Makes are soliciting information supporting the mission of promoting and accelerating the development and deployment of innovative, cost-effective, energy-efficient additive manufacturing (AM) technologies to meet defense and/or commercial needs. This RFI aims to better understand the current state of the AM supply chain and the opportunities, needs, and priorities which will substantiate AM sustainability, robust AM controls, and operational qualification in line with the interests of the domestic AM supply chain. Inputs may be used for developing technical scoping requirements for future project calls, workshops, event themes, etc.
All responses must be submitted electronically to Jason Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org and marked with “America Makes RFI – Sustainable AM Operations.”
- Responses must be received by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, May 12, 2023.
- Respondents are asked to limit responses to one topic.
- Respondents may submit more than one response to this RFI.
- Responses are not limited to America Makes members.
- Phone calls will not be accepted. Comments, concerns, or questions regarding this RFI must be emailed to email@example.com prior to May 4, 2023. All Q&As will be posted on May 8, 2023.
America Makes is looking for inputs from the domestic AM supply chain and the membership to offer perspective on needs that address two topic domains:
- Needs and priorities for the development and demonstration of sustainable AM practices and products; and
- Needs and priorities for the development and demonstration methods and approaches which deliver validated objective evidence to substantiate robust AM manufacturing operations (operational qualification).
Responses to this RFI are not limited to certain AM technologies or processes or materials.