As a full-time Project Engineer, you will be a valued and trusted member of the NCDMM/America Makes team. You will effectively and efficiently plan, lead, and execute multiple projects for our Department of Defense (DoD) customers within the defined project scope and budgetary constraints and develop statements of work, cost proposals, and project timelines for new business opportunities. Project Engineers must be able to communicate well with customers, management, other engineers, and technicians.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative and creative team member with a passion for project management and execution. They should be collaborative with team members and customers and detail-oriented.
The team culture is innovative, creative, and fast-paced. Members of the team need to be adaptive and thrive in an ambiguous environment. This role is part of a collaborative team, but a candidate with a “self-starter” personality who has high emotional intelligence will thrive in this role.
- Must be able to coordinate and execute multiple technical projects, which include:
- Time management (both project and non-project)
- Project budget management – up to $1.0 M
- Developing and managing project costs (pre and post-award)
- Delegating tasks for timely execution of assignments
- Planning and executing tasks within budget and schedule
- Expanding customer and partner networks within our advanced manufacturing ecosystem
- Developing and maturing customer relationships, and meet/exceed customer expectations
- Identifying business opportunities – new and existing customer base.
- Traveling (<30% travel is expected)
- Working with managers and contract authorities to ensure quality project reporting (budget and progress milestones) subject to internal and external audits
Required Education and Experience
- Has a B.S. degree in engineering or a related engineering technical area with 3-5 years relevant experience
- In lieu of a B.S. degree, an Associate’s degree in engineering or a related engineering technical area with 15 years of relevant experience
- Must demonstrate consistent career achievement including supervising project budgets (material/labor) and proven ability to generate quality reports
- Has a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in leading and managing projects – effective delegation of tasks is a plus
- Has experience working in a manufacturing environment with a generalist perspective and knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes
- Has experience working in DoD projects and manufacturing environments
- Has strong oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on technical report writing
- Requires little oversight, is proactive, and moves forward with confidence
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Can communicate on a technical and non-technical level, tailored to the intended audience
- Is interested in professional and personal development
- Is well-versed in Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Microsoft Project