TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Position Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for providing program management oversite and support to the America Makes Executive Director with the management, growth, and execution of key partner relationships with America Makes public and private stakeholders (members and non-members) to ensure mutually beneficial results and long-term America Makes mission success. The goal is to strengthen partnerships across the United States (U.S.) while aggressively feeding a pipeline of engaged supporters that lead to increased advocacy and advancement of the additive manufacturing and 3D printing innovation ecosystem for U.S. manufacturing competitiveness.
Senior Program Manager responsibilities include: complex planning, research, consultative, technical, and program administration work. Work involves developing local, regional, state-wide, and national plans or programs with America Makes partners and developing procedures for implementation and evaluation of plans or programs. Other work involves providing consultative and technical services to other governmental agencies such as Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Commerce (DoC), Department of Energy (DoE), NASA, community organizations such as SME, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME), SAE International, etc. and to the general public. Work also involves establishing program goals and objectives; developing program guidelines; developing schedules, priorities and standards, and evaluating activities. Works under general supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Program management involves ensuring project leader effectiveness in delivering project objectives on time and on budget.
Annual personal objectives are established at the start of each fiscal year and reviewed at least semi-annually to assess objective progress. Monthly staff meetings are held with America Makes Executive Director. Monthly individual meetings are held with the incumbent. For additional guidance, the incumbent is encouraged to meet with the America Makes Executive Director on an “as needed” basis.
Milestones may be set for review of extended or ongoing programs or initiatives. These milestones are to be reviewed through the above meeting opportunities. Often operational goals are set that span 3-6 months with monthly milestones.
Knowledge and Experience
- master’s degree with curriculum emphasizing engineering, business, public administration, social science, or a related field. This degree should be accompanied by 5 years of relevant experience with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical application and supervisory areas
- or bachelor’s degree curriculum emphasizing engineering, business, public administration, social science, or a related field. This degree should be accompanied by 10 years of relevant experience with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical application and supervisory areas
- or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The incumbent :
- Must have knowledge of developing partnership engagement strategies and execution plans that will position a partnership with America Makes as a benefit to the partners key business drivers and goals.
- Is required to frame partnerships in a way that solves existing problems for the partner, including developing roles and next steps for key leaders in the partner organization.
- Must develop and steward relationships with existing partners (or America Makes members) and partner prospects (or America Makes non-members) in support of comprehensive and metric driven engagement strategies.
- Is required to develop actionable project plans for each partner relationship to guide and coordinate key activities, deliverables, and events with time lines, roles, and actions steps including communicating progress, due dates, and information to key stakeholders to ensure everyone stays informed. Experience successfully managing individual projects as well as a portfolio of programs comprised of multi-organizational teams is desired.
- must have proven and effective leadership and organizational skills. Knowledge of budgetary processes and procedures; and contract development and administration are preferred.
- must have excellent communication and presentation skills and be willing to travel, as significant customer interface is required. Travel is required for this position.
Prior experience in the development of effective additive manufacturing processes to support the design and development of defense and commercial components would be a plus.
The incumbent will manage the operational aspects of a variety of programs including significant customer interface, incoming program reviews and assignment to proper staff, project management, and project reporting to appropriate NCDMM staff and Department of Defense, Department of Energy, Department of Commerce, NASA, and other Federal Agencies as necessary.
Partnership projects can range in length from 2 months to 1-2 years and range in value from tens of thousands to in excess of $1M each.
Incumbent is also responsible for generating additional or follow-on business with $2M to $3M in value annually.
|Estimated % of total job time|
|1.||Overall Program Leadership responsibility for selected programs of the NCDMM. These responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
|2.||Input on the NCDMMs’ Strategic Planning for future growth:
|3.||Identify new sources for program management opportunities.||10%|
|4.||Supervisory responsibilities for team members and annual reviews for direct report to staff.||5%|
|5.||Performs other related duties, as needed which contribute to the overall success of the NCDMM.||5%|