TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Position: Project Engineer
Position Location: Youngstown, Ohio or Blairsville, Pennsylvania
Purpose of the Position
Effectively and efficiently plan, lead and execute multiple projects within their defined project scopes and budgetary constraints. Develop SOW’s, cost proposals and project timelines for new opportunities in collaboration with Program Manager and / or Director of Operations as needed. The incumbent must communicate well between the customer, management, other engineers, and technicians. The incumbent will also be responsible for generating monthly, annual and final technical reports, impact reports and tracking project metrics on all assigned projects.
This position works under the supervision of Operations Director.
This position must work independently on multiple projects to accomplish goals with minimal supervision but in sync and collaboration with the Program Manager / Operations Director.
Most areas of responsibility are reviewed on a bi-monthly basis. Frequently goals are set that span up to 3-6 months for completion with monthly milestones. Project reports to the appropriate Manager or Project Leader shall be submitted monthly.
Long-term development programs can span one (1) year with the expectation of monthly reporting and updates to be sent to the appropriate Manager.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related engineering technical area with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- or associate’s degree in engineering or a related engineering technical area with 15 years relevant experience.
The incumbent :
- Must demonstrate consistent career achievement including supervising project budgets (material/labor) and proven ability to generate reports.
- Minimum of 3-5 year experience in leading and maintaining projects, including effective delegation of tasks is a plus.
- Strong or above average oral and written communications skills required for effective project leadership. Emphasis placed on technical report writing.
- Prior experience with Additive Manufacturing is highly preferred.
Travel is required for this position.
The incumbent must be able to coordinate and execute multiple technical projects up to and including:
- Project time management.
- Project budget management – up to $1.0 M.
- Mindful of the impact of finding cost appropriate quotes
- Determining the most appropriate internal and external (subcontractors) delegation that is best suited to achieve improvements upon project management. It is critical to accomplish project objectives and to stay within budget limits.
- Developing customer relationships, to ensure customer satisfaction, in turn opening up new opportunities for project identification
- Execution on reporting and impact metrics data tracking within projects
|Estimated % of total job time|
|1.||Identify business opportunities, develop existing customers, and generate project plans as required. Program plans to include:
Host and participate in scheduled project meetings on a regular basis.
|2.||Plans and executes projects within management approved parameters. Delegates tasks as needed for the timely completion of assigned projects.||30%|
|3.||Interface and support internal NCDMM personnel, external institute members, and stakeholders to ensure the development, implementation, and necessary consultation to reach the most effective solutions. Includes customer interface/presentation and travel associated with process and technology transfer to the customer.||20%|
|4.||Works closely with the appropriate Manager and contracting authority to ensure adequate project reporting (budget and progress milestones) for internal & external audit review.||10%|
|5.||Performs other related duties, as needed which contribute to the overall success of the NCDMM.||5%|