TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Position: Program Manager
Position Location: Youngstown, Ohio or Blairsville, Pennsylvania
Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for providing program management oversight for customer project initiatives as well as conducting business development. Program management involves ensuring project leader effectiveness in delivering project objectives on time and on budget as well as subject matter expertise (SME) in related technical project efforts.
Annual personal objectives are established at the start of each fiscal year and reviewed at least semi-annually to assess objective progress. Regular communication is held with the Director of Operations.
Milestones may be set for review of extended or ongoing programs or initiatives. These milestones are to be reviewed through the above meeting opportunities. Often operational goals are set that span 3-6 months with monthly milestones.
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering with curriculum emphasizing Manufacturing Engineering. This degree should be accompanied by 5-7 years relevant experience in manufacturing & machining industry with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical applications and supervisory areas.
- or bachelor’s degree in engineering with curriculum emphasizing Manufacturing Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree program. This degree should be accompanied by 10 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing & machining industry with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical applications and supervisory areas.
The incumbent :
- Must have proven and effective leadership and organizational skills.
- Experience successfully managing individual projects as well as a portfolio of programs comprised of multi-organizational teams is desired.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills and be willing to travel, as significant customer interface is required.
- Prior experience with Additive Manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Experience in the development of effective manufacturing processes to support the production of defense related components is a plus.
Travel is required for this position.
The incumbent manages the operational aspects of a variety of programs including significant customer interface, incoming program review and assignment to proper technical staff, project management, and project reporting to appropriate Center staff and Department of Defense – DoD representatives.
Customer projects can range in length from several months to multiple years and in value from tens of thousands to more than $3M each. Current annual budget of $30M will grow to potentially $50M in 5 yrs.
Position is also responsible for generating additional or follow-on business with $1M to $2M in value.
|Estimated % of total job time|
|1.||Overall Program Leadership responsibility for selected programs of America Makes and / or NCDMM. These responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
|2.||Identify new sources for program management opportunities via business development activities.||10%|
|3.||Support and participation in supervisory responsibilities for team members and annual reviews for direct report to staff.||5%|
|4.||Input on the NCDMMs’ Strategic Planning for future growth:
|5.||Performs other related duties, as needed which contribute to the overall success of the NCDMM.||5%|