NAMII Welcomes New Members
NAMII Gains One Upgraded Member, Two Full and Five Supporting Members
Youngstown, Ohio — October 2, 2013. NAMII, the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute, and driven by the National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (NCDMM), proudly recognizes an existing membership upgrade and welcomes seven new members:
- Wohlers Associates, Inc.— Wohlers Associates, involved with NAMII from day one as an original proposal member, upgraded its NAMII membership from Full to Lead. Led by Terry Wohlers, a renowned industry expert, Wohlers Associates is an independent consulting firm, providing technical and strategic advice on the new development and trends in rapid product development, additive manufacturing, and 3D printing.
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW)—ITW is a Fortune 150 company and one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses.
- Tobyhanna Army Depot—Tobyhanna is the largest, full-service electronics maintenance facility in the Department of Defense (DoD), providing total logistics support, including sustainment, design, manufacturer, repair and overhaul of hundreds of electronic systems.
- 3M—3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. 3M’s culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better by capturing the spark of new ideas and transforming them into thousands of ingenious products.
- Deformation Control Technology, Inc.—Deformation Control Technology, founded in 1982 by Dr. B. Lynn Ferguson, is a metallurgical process engineering consulting and software company, specializing in process engineering design and thermal/stress analyses for metal parts and components.
- Rhinestahl Corporation—Rhinestahl, a privately owned company, is a supplier or aerospace tooling and high-tech machining expertise, manufacturing tools for repair and inspection of gas turbine engines, aircraft ground-support tools, and inspection borescopes.
- Sciaky, Inc.—Sciaky, a subsidiary of Phillips Service Industries (PSI), is an additive manufacturing pioneer that provides a wide range of innovative welding products and contract welding services to manufacturers in the aerospace, defense, automotive, and health care industries.
- USA Science & Engineering Festival—As the country’s only national festival and the world’s largest STEM outreach event, the USA Science & Engineering Festival works to increase public awareness about the importance of science and to encourage youth to pursue careers in science and engineering.
“All of us at NAMII gratefully acknowledge Wohlers Associates for its steadfast support of NAMII from the very beginning,” said NAMII Director and NCDMM Vice President Ed Morris. “We are thrilled to be collaborating with Terry and his team in an expanded capacity as a Lead member. “Additionally, NAMII is also proud to welcome seven, new members, Illinois Tool Works, Tobyhanna Army Depot, 3M, Deformation Control Technology, Rhinestahl, Sciaky, and the USA Science & Engineering Festival, into our diverse ranks of organizations committed to advancing additive manufacturing technologies,” continued Mr. Morris. “We look forward to working and collaborating with these new members.” As public-private partnership with member organizations from industry, academia, government, and workforce development resources, NAMII offers three levels of membership—Lead, Full, and Supporting. Each membership tier features invaluable benefits. For more information on NAMII’s membership tiers or on how to become a member, visit the NAMII web site at www.namii.org.