NAMII Welcomes New Members: NAMII Gains One New Lead Member and Four Supporting Members
September 04, 2013 | Categories: America Makes News
Youngstown, Ohio — September 4, 2013. NAMII, the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute, and driven by the National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (NCDMM), proudly welcomes five new members:
- Stratasys Ltd.—Stratasys is a recognized world leader in 3D printing and brings the expertise of its subsidiary, Solidscape, to the NAMII community.
- ASM International—ASM is Everything Material, the society dedicated to serving the materials science and engineering profession. Through its network of 36,000 members worldwide, ASM provides authoritative information and knowledge on materials and processes, from the structural to the nanoscale.
- North Carolina State University— NC State is a public, coeducational, research university located in Raleigh that is known for its leadership in education and research, and globally recognized for its science, technology, engineering and mathematics leadership.
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology—Founded in 1885, SDSM&T is public institution of higher learning in Rapid City, South Dakota, offering degrees in more than 16 engineering and science fields, as well as 12 master’s degree programs and seven doctorate programs.
- Venture Plastics, Inc.—Venture Plastics is a leading full-service, ISO/TS-16949 certified, custom thermoplastic injection molder with processing facilities in Newton Falls, Ohio and El Paso, Texas.
“On behalf of all of us at NAMII, I am proud to extend a warm welcome to our new member organizations—Stratasys, ASM International, NC State, SD School of Mines, and Venture Plastics,” said NAMII Director and NCDMM Vice President Ed Morris. “The addition of new, diverse members within our ranks is of great significance. NAMII’s success in accelerating the adoption of additive manufacturing technologies to the manufacturing sector is directly dependent upon the collaborative research and development efforts among our members.” As public-private partnership with member organizations from industry, academia, government, and workforce development resources, NAMII offers three levels of membership—Lead, Full, and Supporting. Each membership tier features invaluable benefits. For more information on NAMII’s membership tiers or on how to become a member, visit the NAMII web site at www.namii.org.