NCDMM delivers innovative and collaborative manufacturing solutions that enhance our nation’s workforce and economic competitiveness. NCDMM has extensive knowledge and depth in manufacturing areas—both commercial and defense—continually innovate, improve, and advance manufacturing technologies and methodologies. Our experienced team specializes in identifying the needs, players, technologies, and processes to attain optimal solutions for our customers. We connect the dots. That’s the NCDMM methodology. NCDMM also manages America Makes and the V4 Institute and is the cornerstone of the Manufacturing Technology Deployment Group, Inc. (MTDG). To learn more, visit ncdmm.org.
This position is responsible for providing program management for customer project initiatives, including project leader effectiveness in delivering project objectives on time and on budget. This position manages the operational aspects of a variety of programs including significant, customer interface, incoming program review and assignment to proper technical staff, project management, and project reporting to appropriate NCDMM staff and Department of Defense representatives.
Customer projects can range in length from 2 months to 2 years and with values from tens of thousands to more than $10 million. This position is responsible for generating additional or follow-on business with $1 million to $2 million in value annually.
- Perform overall Program Leadership responsibility for selected programs including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing project input for completeness.
- Developing and overseeing project Statement of Work (SOW), Cost Proposal and Timeline generation.
- Identifying project team.
- Overseeing project team.
- Ensuring project is on time, on budget and meets all set objectives.
- Identifying and recognizing Alliance Partner involvement in projects.
- Monthly reporting.
- Being the first-line interface with customers and responsible for customer communications and information exchange.
- Providing input regarding the NCDMM strategic planning.
- Identifying new sources for program management opportunities.
- Supervising team members and supporting annual reviews.
- Master’s degree in Engineering with curriculum emphasizing Manufacturing Technology and or/Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree program with 5 years of experience.
- In lieu of a Master’s degree, the incumbent can have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 10 years of experience.
- Experience in the manufacturing and machining industry with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical applications and supervisory areas.
- Experience successfully managing individual projects as well as a portfolio of programs comprised of multi-organizational teams is desired.
- Strong leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to travel
- Prior experience developing effective manufacturing processes to support the production of defense-related components, advanced manufacturing, and additive manufacturing is a plus.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Diane Chesnutwood, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
America Makes is the Nation’s leading public-private partnership for Additive Manufacturing technology and education. Our members from industry, academia, government, workforce, and economic development organizations, work together to accelerate the adoption of AM and the nation’s global manufacturing competitiveness, focusing on three core missions – Technology Development, Education and Workforce Development, and Ecosystem.
For information on NCDMM or America Makes, including employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at americamakes.us or ncdmm.org.
NCDMM is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
NCDMM, as a government contractor, is required to verify all employees through the E-Verify system to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.