NCDMM delivers innovative and collaborative manufacturing solutions that enhance our nation’s workforce and economic competitiveness. NCDMM has extensive knowledge and depth in manufacturing areas—both commercial and defense—continually innovate, improve, and advance manufacturing technologies and methodologies. Our experienced team specializes in identifying the needs, players, technologies, and processes to attain optimal solutions for our customers. We connect the dots. That’s the NCDMM methodology. NCDMM also manages America Makes and the V4 Institute and is the cornerstone of the Manufacturing Technology Deployment Group, Inc. (MTDG). To learn more, visit ncdmm.org.
This position is responsible for effectively and efficiently planning, leading, and executing multiple projects within defined project scopes and budgetary contracts. Develop statements of work (SOWs), cost proposals and project timelines for new opportunities as needed.
This position must communicate well between the customer, management, other engineers, and technicians. Produce monthly and final technical reports on assigned projects. Customer projects can range in length from 2 months to 2 years and with values from tens of thousands to more than $1 million.
- Identifying business opportunities, developing existing customer relationships, and generating project plans.
- Developing and overseeing projects (SOW, Cost Proposal, and Schedule).
- Identifying improvements to internal and external project management practices.
- Ensuring the project is on time, on budget, and meets all set objectives, while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Identifying and recognizing Alliance Partner involvement in projects.
- Monthly reporting on assigned projects.
- Being the first-line interface with customers and responsible for customer communications and information exchanges.
- Working closely with NCDMM personnel and contracting authorities to ensure adequate project reporting (budget and progress milestones) for internal and external audit review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a curriculum emphasizing Manufacturing Technology and or/Mechanical Engineering or another comparable degree program with 10 years of experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree the incumbent can have an Associate’s degree in a related field with 20 years of experience.
- Experience in the manufacturing and machining industry with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical applications.
- Experience successfully leading and maintaining individual projects, including effective delegation of tasks.
- Good leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good technical report writing
- Good customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Prior experience developing effective manufacturing processes to support the production of defense-related components, advanced manufacturing, and additive manufacturing is a plus.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Diane Chesnutwood, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
America Makes is the Nation’s leading public-private partnership for Additive Manufacturing technology and education. Our members from industry, academia, government, workforce, and economic development organizations, work together to accelerate the adoption of AM and the nation’s global manufacturing competitiveness, focusing on three core missions – Technology Development, Education and Workforce Development, and Ecosystem.
For information on NCDMM or America Makes, including employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at americamakes.us or ncdmm.org.
NCDMM is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
NCDMM, as a government contractor, is required to verify all employees through the E-Verify system to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.