1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ET
The ability to obtain, analyze and apply meaningful insights from materials’ characterization within additive manufacturing can be overwhelming. Please join us for a panel discussion with our technical experts to understand our organization’s journey from traditional materials’ R&D into additive manufacturing, and the wide array of options available for materials’ characterization today and in the future.
- Dr. John Porter, UES, Principal Scientist, Additive Manufacturing
- 40+ years of aerospace materials research.
- Expertise in metals, ceramics, metal and ceramic matrix composites, and ceramic fibers.
- Expertise with electron microscopy techniques including SEM, TEM, EDS, and EBSD etc.
- Education: Ph.D., Metallurgy, BSc., Materials Science.
- Bill Davis, UES Consultant, Metallurgical Expert
- Managed GE Aviation Characterization lab for 20+ years.
- Expertise in failure analysis, including FAA.
- Former NADCAP Auditor for Coatings.
- In depth knowledge of GE Aviation materials and coatings micro-structures and processes.
- Sundar, UES, Technical Marketing
- Product commercialization professional with 20+ years of R&D, Marketing experience.
- Expertise in cross-functional product and process development, refinement, verification and validation, and regulatory aspects.
- Education: Ph.D, Materials, M.B.A., B. Tech, Metallurgical Engineering.
- Samantha Smith, UES, Sales Manager and America Makes Point of Contact
- Background in Biological engineering, Optical imaging specialty
- Previous Account Manager for Zeiss Microscopy US