Call for Abstracts Deadline: March 15, 2021
This is a unique opportunity for you to present your research and technical knowledge to participants from around the globe. Authors are invited to submit their abstract, no more than 300 words, related to the conference topics below outlining the scope of their presentation. Authors of accepted abstracts will be given the opportunity to present at ICAM 2021.
Conference topics will include:
- 3D Printed Polymers and Polymer Matrix Composites
- AM Feedstock: Characterization, Specification and Reuse
- AM for Defense Applications
- AM of Ceramics: Challenges & Opportunities
- AM for Electronic Applications
- AM Applications for Automotive Transportation/Heavy Machinery
- AM Applications in Aviation
- AM for Space Applications
- Application of AM in Construction on Earth and Beyond
- Application of AM in Energy, Maritime and Oil & Gas
- Application of AM in the Medical Industry
- Design, Modeling, and Simulation Methodologies and Concepts for AM – NEW
- Directed Energy Deposition Techniques – NEW
- Economics and Sustainability of AM – NEW
- Environmental Effects on AM Parts – NEW
- Fatigue and Fracture of AM Materials and Parts
- General Topics in AM: Materials, Processing, Post-processing, and Safety
- Industry 4.0: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in AM – NEW
- Industry 4.0: Cyber Security Aspects of AM – NEW
- Industry 4.0: Data Management for AM – NEW
- In-Situ Monitoring Techniques in AM
- Mechanical Testing of AM Materials
- Microstructural Aspects of AM
- Non-destructive Evaluation Methods for AM
- Sinter-based AM Technologies – NEW
- Student Presentation Competition
The ASTM International Conference on Additive Manufacturing (ASTM ICAM 2021), hosted by the ASTM International Additive Manufactured Center of Excellence, will be held November 1-5, 2021.
This is ASTM International’s sixth annual flagship event related to standardization, qualification and certification with an emphasis on industry specific requirements addressing the entire AM process chain.
With the creation of ASTM International Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AM CoE) in early 2018, and the growth of the AM industry, the effort has been led by the ASTM AM CoE and involves additional technical committees. This year’s event is now a full international conference with an even wider scope still related to standardization, qualification, and certification. This will be an event involving even more ASTM committees and external stakeholders, setting the stage to bring experts from all around the world to exchange the latest development in the field of additive manufacturing with emphasis on transition of research to application.
The implementation of AM training and recruitment programs such as the Student Presentation Competition and Young Professional in Additive Manufacturing awards, will also be addressed. Additionally, the recipients of the three prestigious 2021 ASTM International Additive Manufacturing Awards of Excellence in Education, Research, and Standardization will be announced during this event.