This one-day workshop provides manufacturers with an overview of Additive Manufacturing (AM) technologies (including the 7 ASTM F42 standards), the digital production workflow, and how to extract value from additive technologies. Learn how AM technologies create value, and what types of value creation are best suited to your business. Through the lens of industrial use-cases, participants learn to identify and evaluate the value of various AM technologies relative to conventional manufacturing.
- Understand the differences between additive vs. subtractive manufacturing.
- Learn the major benefits and limitations of various additive manufacturing technologies and the value mechanisms behind each.
- Describe the most common polymer and metal additive manufacturing modalities and materials.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the value AM technologies can have, and of the primary ways AM creates value for organizations.
- Better understand the economics, advantages, and limitations of AM.
- Learn where opportunities exist through AM industrial use cases.