The second edition in-depth training course on Additive Manufacturing safety will be held virtually on March 2-3, 2021. With more and more industrial sectors adopting additive manufacturing (AM) technology, there is a growing need to fully understand safety of its use. Proper implementation of safe practices is needed to support the rapid growth of the field. As a leading driver of AM technology, ASTM is committed to filling the AM safety knowledge gap by providing world-class training from industry leaders to support the use of AM and keeping its workforce safe.
The AM CoE’s training is tailored to industry needs and incorporates the latest technological advances and standards to prepare students to take on the current challenges in the field. This course is based on learning, and leveraging all the different regulatory standards and codes applicable to AM. It takes proven safety management tools and plugs the AM specific needs into them.
About the Course
The AM safety course provides knowledge on the general elements needed when setting up facility for AM and the safety issues to be considered during the life of the AM processes:
- The different regulatory standards and codes applicable to AM
- Provides guidance on how these standards can apply to your facility
- Identify some of the most relevant standards and how they are specifically applied to preserving the safety and wellbeing of all employees using additive manufacturing technologies
- Understanding many of the safety elements and best practices that need to be considered when;
- establishing your AM facility
- handling AM materials
- performing post-processing
- responding to an emergency situation