Additive Manufacturing (AM), often called 3D printing, burst on the scene in DoD circles over a decade ago and use of the technology has steadily and positively impacted defense acquisition and manufacturing effectiveness. The wide scale adoption of AM by industry has not followed at the pace expected.. Certification and program requirements with this new technology have hindered AM incorporation in DoD programs.
At this event, we will discuss the recently issued DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.93, “The Use of Additive Manufacturing in DoD,” and explore the expected impacts of this policy, includingobstacles to broader use of AM. Join us to discuss with our distinguished panelists, “What is the future of AM in DoD?”
This is the first-ever DoD-wide policy on AM and it establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and details procedures regarding the implementation and use of AM within the Department
Join George Mason University’s Center for Government Contracting and America Makes, the DoD Manufacturing Innovation Institute for additive manufacturing, for a timely discussion about the new DoDI and its implications for the entire government contracting community!
This event will feature a keynote address by Mr. Rob Gold, OUSD(R&E), as well as a tremendous panel discussion including: Angela Tymofichuk, HQ, USAF; COL Farrell A Duncombe, HQ, USA; and John Wilczynski, Executive Director of America Makes.
Additional Background Information
- DoD Instruction 5000.93 Use of Additive Manufacturing in the DoD, June 10, 2021
- January 2021 DoD Additive Manufacturing Strategy
- DAU Additive Manufacturing Community of Practice
10:30 am ET: Keynote Remarks
- Mr. Rob Gold, Director, Technology and Manufacturing Industrial Base, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E))
10:50 am ET: Panel
- Jerry McGinn, Moderator, Executive Director, Center for Government Contracting
- Ms. Angela L. Tymofichuk, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Logistics and Product Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force
- COL Farrell A Duncombe, Director for Maintenance Policy and Programs, G-44, Headquarters, Department of the Army
- John Wilczynski, Executive Director, America Makes