August 6 - August 8
Rock Island Arsenal with assistance from the University of Northern Iowa Metal Casting Center in cooperation with US NAVSEA, NAVAIR, US Air Force Research Labs, and the Defense Logistics Agency will be holding a Defense Casting Symposium on August 6th through 8th in Bettendorf, Iowa. It will feature discussions meant to address gaps between the metalcasting industry and defense agencies and identify solutions by utilizing current technology (especially 3D Sand Printing) in order to satisfy requirements effectively.
The attendee will have the opportunity to:
- Tour of RIA AM COE and local defense casting supply chain member
- Understand supply chain requirements for rapid casting supply
- Learn the workings of the acquisition process and how they impact the supply chain
- Learn about technologies that can speed casting acquisition and improve success rate
- Meet with members of the military to discuss current and future casting requirements
- Better understand technical data packages and the information they contain
- Learn about resources for working with the Defense Logistics Agency
- Help improve the domestic supply chain for defense related castings and support for the warfighter
- Discuss ways to improve the acquisition, contracting and qualification process
- Help identify the sticking points in ordering, manufacturing and supplying and quantify their impact to people who could make changes.
- Help to build a team approach between suppliers and customers to establish a dialogue for solution to issues
- Reach a larger audience more effectively to identify and prioritize issues or to hear suggest potential solutions