TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Ecosystem Director, America Makes
Position Location: Youngstown, Ohio
About America Makes
America Makes is the Nation’s leading public-private partnership for Additive Manufacturing technology and education. Our members from industry, academia, government, workforce, and economic development organizations, work together to accelerate the adoption of AM and the nation’s global manufacturing competitiveness, focusing on three core missions – Technology Development, Education and Workforce Development, and Ecosystem.
About the role and team
As Ecosystem Director, you will be part of a diverse team that is collaborating to grow and mature the additive manufacturing ecosystem, which is comprised of membership, government stakeholders, and the larger AM community. The Ecosystem Director will be responsible for a variety of activities to include but not limited to developing strategic partnerships, increasing awareness of the America Makes mission, convening the ecosystem, growing membership, and managing the ecosystem centric team of America Makes. As owner of these core activities, the Ecosystem Director will play a critical role in driving value out of and for the Ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative and creative team player with a passion for additive manufacturing and advanced manufacturing technologies. They bring extensive experience in developing ecosystems, strategic partnerships, and driving stakeholder engagement. The candidate is also detail and task oriented as this role requires the team member to both think strategically and execute tasks operationally.
The team culture is innovative, creative, and fast paced. Members of the team need to be adaptive and thrive in an ambiguous environment. This role is part of a collaborative team, but a candidate with a “self-starter” personality who has high emotional intelligence will thrive in this role.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Build on existing partnership engagement opportunities and convert relationships to tangible impact drivers for the larger America Makes consortia.
- Evaluate and improve the membership model to drive growth in membership number, diversity, and revenue together with the Membership Director.
- Identify industry centric gaps in stakeholder composition and develop plans to proactively recruit partners and members to support the mission.
- Leverage existing and form new government stakeholder relationships to improve awareness around Institute objectives and goals.
- Grow and develop an inclusive, diverse, and engaged team culture who is aligned around ecosystem value generation and performance.
- Identify and develop collaborative objectives together with the America Makes Satellite Centers to drive strategic impact for both the Institute and the regional ecosystems.
- Support the Communication Director with developing and executing the America Makes communication strategy and plan, driving stakeholder awareness of the Institute’s mission.
- Support the Events Coordinator to grow the impact of the annual America Makes events, including target audience growth and improved audience experience.
On a typical day, you might:
- Facilitate a virtual or in-person workshop with a small America Makes team to develop strategies and objectives.
- Meet with an external stakeholder to advance a Memorandum of Understanding, agreeing on how the two organizations will support each other in mission execution.
- Write an executive summary on a joint proposal with a Satellite Center to secure funding for a regional outreach campaign to aid small / medium sized businesses in their transition to additive manufacturing.
- Engage with a local Economic Development Council to drive alignment on a path forward to advance economic development agendas.
- Report out to America Makes Leadership on status and next steps of an ongoing Ecosystem program.
- Speak at an event within the region or across the country about the importance of the public-private-partner collaborative research and training model.
About our ideal candidate:
- You have a master’s degree (technical nature preferred) and >7 years’ experience leading diverse and multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have successfully identified and converted business development opportunities through understanding and addressing stakeholder needs.
- You bring client relations experience coupled with value proposition acumen that drove increased engagement and impact.
- You have demonstrated ability to lead strategic stakeholder and partnership development programs, designed to increase engagement, drive mission impact, and grow ecosystem value generation.
- You have relevant and successful experience operating in a technology maturation space, ideally around Additive Manufacturing.
Additional things about you:
- You are self-directed and have demonstrated ability to prioritize independently to meet deadlines and drive mission impact.
- You have a passion for serving the nation and improving the U.S. global manufacturing competitiveness.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and understand how to support stakeholders needs.
- You think strategically and creatively.
NCDMM, as a government contractor, is required to verify all employees through the E-Verify system to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.