TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the America Makes Executive Director, this position is responsible for providing program management oversight for customer project initiatives as well as implementing operational NCDMM improvements, managing staff, and conducting business development. Program management involves ensuring project leader effectiveness in delivering project objectives on time and on budget as well as providing subject matter expertise (SME) in related technical project efforts.
Annual personal objectives are established at the start of each fiscal year and reviewed at least semi-annually to assess objective progress. Regular communication is held with the America Makes Executive Director. Milestones may be set for review of extended or ongoing programs or initiatives. These milestones are to be reviewed through the above meeting opportunities. Often operational goals are set that span 3-6 months with monthly milestones.
Knowledge and Experience
- M.S. degree in Engineering with curriculum emphasizing Manufacturing Engineering accompanied by 10 years relevant experience in the manufacturing & machining industry with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical applications and supervisory areas
- or bachelor’s degree in engineering with curriculum emphasizing Manufacturing Engineering accompanied by 15 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing & machining industry with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical applications and supervisory areas
- Must have proven and effective leadership and organizational skills as well as be recognized as a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more technical fields. REQUIRED
- Should have experience successfully managing individual projects as well as a portfolio of programs comprised of multi-organizational teams. DESIRED
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills and will be required to travel, as significant customer interface. REQUIRED
- Must have demonstrated successful business development experience. REQUIRED
The incumbent manages the operational aspects of a variety of programs including significant customer interface, incoming program review and assignment to proper technical staff, project management, and project reporting to appropriate Center staff and Department of Defense – DoD representatives.
Customer projects can range in length from several months to multiple years and in value from tens of thousands to in excess of $5M each. The annual NCDMM revenue is estimated to be in the range of $30M.
|Estimated % of total job time|
|1.||Overall Program Leadership responsibility for the America Makes program. These responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
|2.||Identify new sources through business development for program management opportunities.||20%|
|3.||Participate as a member of the America Makes Leadership Team to address issues of key importance to the overall operation and effectiveness of the America Makes program. This team will meet at least monthly to identify, review, and take action on key America Makes program activities/issues. A high degree of proactive participation is expected, identifying threats and opportunities, and providing recommendations to identified issues.||10%|
|4.||Supervisory responsibilities for team members and annual reviews for direct report to staff.||5%|
|5.||Performs other related duties, as needed which contribute to the overall success of the NCDMM.||5%|
|6.||Input on the NCDMMs’ Strategic Planning for future growth: