America Makes Education & Workforce Director, Josh Cramer, to Keynote 9th Annual DigiFabCon
March 20, 2019 | Categories: Member News
DigiFabCon is excited to announce that America Makes Education and Workforce Director, Josh Cramer, will keynote at the ninth annual conference April 4 and 5 at Carnegie Science Center [CSC] in Pittsburgh, PA. Mr. Cramer will review the innovative learning initiatives being pioneered by America Makes, the national accelerator for additive manufacturing (AM), in order to enable adoption of new 3D Printing technologies.
“DigiFabCon is thrilled to be in Pittsburgh with its vibrant additive manufacturing community and engaged STEM ecosystem,” says Fab Lab Hub founder Sarah Boisvert who organizes the conference. “America Makes recognizes that a trained workforce is essential to the adoption of new disruptive technologies and their new programs that include certifications and Digital Badges are key to Industry 4.0’s success.”
From K – 12 classrooms and traditional 2 and 4-year colleges to alternative settings in Fab Labs and Makerspaces, innovative programs are changing how we think about learning. You will hear about best practices and have the opportunity to explore how incorporating new platforms like Digital Badging into your learning methodologies with thought leaders in the field can impact your organization.
Featured Presentations from:
- Sherry Lassiter, President of the Fab Foundation, explaining the innovative SCOPES-DF STEM and STEAM education initiative
- Sarah Boisvert, Author, The New Collar Workforce, detailing research from 200 manufacturers on the skills needed for operators and technicians
- Geoffroi Garon-Épaule, President, Pygmalion Numérique, providing an overview of the badging platform and best practices.
- Cari Lyn Vinci, Founder, InVINCIble Enterprises & STE@M™ Mentoring Program
Roundtables for educators, employers and policy makers with industry experts in New Collar job learning
Professional Development Track for Educators
Curated by Liz Whitewolf, Carnegie Science Center
- Welcome: Gregg Behr, Executive Director, The Grable Foundation
- Panel discussion
- Ignite Talks
Digital Badges for New Collar Job Skills Track
Curated by Sarah Boisvert, Fab Lab Hub
- Workshop on Digital Badges: Geoffroi Garon-Épaule, President, Pygmalion Numerique
- North American Digital Fabrication Alliance Formation
- Case studies
- Open Forum Discussion
Most importantly, networking events are always a key part of DigiFabCon to connect with colleagues and share.