America Makes is the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute.
As the national accelerator for additive manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing (3DP), America Makes is the nation’s leading and collaborative partner in AM and 3DP technology research, discovery, creation, and innovation. Structured as a public-private partnership with member organizations from industry, academia, government, non-government agencies, and workforce and economic development resources, we are working together to innovate and accelerate AM and 3DP to increase our nation’s global manufacturing competitiveness by:
- Fostering a highly collaborative infrastructure for the open exchange of additive manufacturing information and research.
- Facilitating the development, evaluation, and deployment of efficient and flexible additive manufacturing technologies.
- Engaging with educational institutions and companies to supply education and training in additive manufacturing technologies to create an adaptive, leading workforce.
- Serving as a national Institute with regional and national impact on additive manufacturing capabilities.
- Linking and integrating U.S. companies with existing public, private, or not-for-profit industrial and economic development resources, and business incubators, with an emphasis on assisting small- and medium-sized enterprises and early-stage companies (start-ups).
Established in 2012 and based in Youngstown, Ohio, America Makes is the flagship Institute for Manufacturing USA, the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation, infrastructure of up to 45 Institutes to follow and is driven by the National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (NCDMM).
Become A Member of America Makes today!